[CentOS] No IrDA Support with CentOS anymore?

andreas.reschke at mahle.com

Tue Oct 29 11:09:23 UTC 2019

Hi there,
I've a laptop with CentOS 8 and a PC with CentOS 7. After 3 years of break
I was Scuba Diving last 3 weeks. Back at home I wish to download all dive
logs from my divecomputer connext via IrDA to my PC.

But no kernel modul for IrDA was found.

[root at rechner1 ~]# modprobe ircomm
modprobe: FATAL: Module ircomm not found in directory
/lib/modules/4.18.0-147.6.el8.x86_64
[root at rechner1 ~]# modprobe ircomm_tty
modprobe: FATAL: Module ircomm_tty not found in directory
/lib/modules/4.18.0-147.6.el8.x86_64
[root at destn40768 ~]#

[root at rechner1 ~]# lsusb | grep -i irda
Bus 002 Device 011: ID 9710:7780 MosChip Semiconductor MCS7780 4Mbps Fast
IrDA Adapter
[root at rechner1 ~]#

Same with CentOS7

How do I get IrDA support?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Andreas Reschke
MAHLE International GmbH
Unix/Linux-Administration (FIE4.1)

Pragstr. 26 - 46, 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone: +49 711 501-475 98
Mobile: +49 173 3197397
andreas.reschke at mahle.com, https://www.mahle.com

MAHLE International GmbH, Location: Stuttgart, Registered: Amtsgericht
Stuttgart HRB 16413
Management Board: Dr. Jörg Stratmann, Michael Frick, Michael Glowatzki,
Martin Wellhöffer