[CentOS] Help with CentOS 7 and nvidia

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 14:18:00 UTC 2019

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 09:29, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello my hardware has:
> 03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [ION] (rev a2)

My initial guess would be that Nvidia dropped full support for a ~10
year old card. They usually only focus on the last 5 years and drop
various 'features' for older cards over time. I say this from running
into this back when EL7 came out and people were having similar
problems where 'it worked in EL6'  and then it didn't after EL7

> So to me all looks good - but there is no hardware acceleration???
>
> When I play the video with totem its taking way too much CPU.
> I removed the ~/.cache/gstreamer* .
>
> What have I missed ?
>
> Jerry

Stephen J Smoogen.