[CentOS] Centos 8: Multiple bugs with email/calendar

Georgios

gpdsbe+centos at mailbox.org
Tue Oct 1 14:17:05 UTC 2019

First of all thanks for your fast reply.

Second.
The server im trying to use is https://dav.mailbox.org/caldav I dont
think its a problem with my configuration (although i can always be
wrong). I suspect a bug in evolution because sometimes it works.
Sometimes i manage to create an event sometimes i cant.

I started evolution from a terminal and i noticed that when i fail to
create an event i get the following message

"(evolution:26852): libecal-CRITICAL **: 11:45:50.282:
e_cal_component_alarm_set_description: assertion 'description->value !=
NULL' failed"

I tried without setting an alarm and i can create events with no
problem!!
So I filled a bug report https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=16507

Third.
I have no idea if its a configuration problem. Newer flatpak versions
work fine! I searched online and found this
https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/3076

marked as enhancement!

ps.Im wondering if evolution in Centos is going to have 5+ year life-
cycle or if it gets upgraded earlier.