[CentOS] Compiling latest postfix fails on C8

Kenneth Porter

shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Oct 2 12:53:51 UTC 2019

--On Wednesday, October 02, 2019 3:33 PM +0200 Adrian van Bloois
<adrian at pa0rda.nl> wrote:

> I tried to compile the latest version of postfix, runs fine on C6 and C7,
> on C8 it fails.
> Complaining about missing ypclnt.h, this should com from glibc-headers.

That looks like a header from a deprecated glibc rpc library that was
removed long ago.

<https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/glibc-rpcsvc-vanished-in-l-glibc-2-14-1-i486-2-txz-913702/>

Are you using the latest spec file from the C8 postfix to build the latest
version? That's what I do when I want a newer version than what's on the
distro, patching the spec file as needed.