[CentOS] CentOS 8 package question

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 16:11:59 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 at 11:16, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did a "yum search libssh2-devel" it says no matches found.
> I did a "yum search libssh2" it says name matched and libssh2.
>
> Where or how do install the -devel package for C8 ?

libssh2-devel was not shipped with RHEL. The package is built inside a
module and the -devel is a 'build-only' tool which doesn't get out of
the build system.  This is mainly because the libssh2 is only in there
to make an app work which I think is being rewritten to use libssh but
didn't make it in time. [While libssh looks like it is the version you
would replace with libssh2.. it seems to be the opposite.]

So at the moment, the package isn't shipped.

> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

Stephen J Smoogen.