[CentOS] CentOS 8 redis install

Alexander Dalloz

ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Oct 13 11:42:49 UTC 2019

Am 13.10.2019 um 13:17 schrieb Günther J. Niederwimmer:
> Hello,
>
> can any help me to install redis to my new webserver?
>
> I cant't enable the redis module with dnf ?
>
> Is redis missing on Centos 8 ?
>
> is it a way to download redis from a centos Server for manual install
>
> Thanks for a answer ?

[root at centos8 ~]# LANG=C dnf search redis
=============================================================== Name
Exactly Matched: redis
redis.x86_64 : A persistent key-value database
============================================================== Summary &
Name Matched: redis

[root at centos8 ~]# LANG=C dnf info redis
Available Packages
Name         : redis
Version      : 5.0.3
Release      : 1.module_el8.0.0+6+ab019c03
Arch         : x86_64
Size         : 927 k
Source       : redis-5.0.3-1.module_el8.0.0+6+ab019c03.src.rpm
Repo         : AppStream
Summary      : A persistent key-value database
URL          : http://redis.io
License      : BSD and MIT
Description  : Redis is an advanced key-value store. It is often
referred to as a data
              : structure server since keys can contain strings, hashes,
lists, sets and
              : sorted sets.
              :
              : You can run atomic operations on these types, like
appending to a string;
              : incrementing the value in a hash; pushing to a list;
computing set
              : intersection, union and difference; or getting the
member with highest
              : ranking in a sorted set.
              :
              : In order to achieve its outstanding performance, Redis
works with an
              : in-memory dataset. Depending on your use case, you can
persist it either
              : by dumping the dataset to disk every once in a while, or
by appending
              : each command to a log.
              :
              : Redis also supports trivial-to-setup master-slave
replication, with very
              : fast non-blocking first synchronization,
auto-reconnection on net split
              : and so forth.
              :
              : Other features include Transactions, Pub/Sub, Lua
scripting, Keys with a
              : limited time-to-live, and configuration settings to make
Redis behave like
              : a cache.
              :
              : You can use Redis from most programming languages also.