[CentOS] Browser doesnt work

Georgios

gpdsbe+centos at mailbox.org
Tue Oct 15 14:02:54 UTC 2019

Well kind of.

for example i had to do the following stuff for my laptop

-add epel repository so i can install keepassxc
-manual install eclipse
-enable rpmfusion in order to have
	--media support on my browser and
	--install totem codecs in order for it to play video files

With flatpak i think centos is more desktop friendly.
The rest of the apps where installed through flatpak so it was quite
easy.  Most of these apps arent on Centos repositories so without
flatpak it would be a bit difficult.
Also with flatpak you can have newer versions of the apps that could be
a problem.

Besides that i have to say.

flatpak itself is really old and it doesn't support my yubikey.
Thats the reason i had to install keepassxc through epel repository and
not flatpak.
I do hope flatpak gets updated on a future point release.

Another problem i currently have is that evolution after suspense
sometimes it seems to brake. It happened 2 times last weeks but i could
not reproduce.

I previous had debian 9 and 10.
If i compare these 2 i have to say.

Centos 8 had a bit less configuration for laptop compared with debian 9
but a bit more compared to debian 10.

I guess it all depends what you want to do with your laptop.
For basic usage it seems fine.

Anyway for the time being it seems usable.
But i wouldn't recommend it to someone who use linux for the first
time.
I would suggest ubuntu or something like this.