[CentOS] Centos 8 Mate?

Valeri Galtsev

galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 18 16:42:22 UTC 2019

> On Oct 18, 2019, at 11:34 AM, Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com> wrote:

Guys, I corrected myself: I meant Mate desktop above (related to somebody’s list of reasons why he needs Desktop environment - DE - he needs). However, someone’s creative editing threw away context, namely that what I said was related to DE descussion.

Thanks for hints about mutt which I use. Hints may be helpfult to those who use gmail, not me who doesn’t use google anything. I skip mentioning why, as you, vast majority do use google, and don’t care about the reasons why I don’t.

Valeri

> Another (these days neo) mutt lover. I'll take this time to spam my own
> http://srobb.net/mutt.html page.
>
> Mutt does work with gmail. Hrrm, I'm looking I see I do have the password
> used in my msmtprc file. If one just uses a very simple muttrc file file,
> it will also work but require the password.
>
> set smtp_url="smtp://scott@gmail.com@smtp.gmail.com:587"
> set smtp_pass="scottisawesome"
> set ssl_starttls=yes
>
> I feel that everyone should use scottisawesome as their password though
> some foolish people disagree.  But (I am not 100% sure) it seems that those
> 3 lines were all I needed back when I did it that way (Nowadays I have a
> slightly more complex setup as I have too many email accounts like everyone
> else in the world).
>
> --
> Scott Robbins
> PGP keyID EB3467D6