[CentOS] CentOS 8 Libvirt /qemu

Günther J. Niederwimmer

gjn at gjn.priv.at
Fri Oct 18 22:54:40 UTC 2019

Hello,

Am Freitag, 18. Oktober 2019, 22:44:10 CEST schrieb Stephen John Smoogen:
> On Fri, 18 Oct 2019 at 16:31, Günther J. Niederwimmer <gjn at gjn.priv.at>
wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > can any install more then one KVM Client with UEFI ??
> > On my system it is not possible; I have total crash on the system, when I
> > install a client with UEFI
>
> Could you give better details on what you mean here? There are
> multiple scenarios that you could be trying that meets that sentence,
> and some of them would be possible and others would not. Some
> scenarios will try to use the hardware UEFI to store variables and
> that will cause problems because the virtual systems will conflict
> when talking to the hostservers hardware (I think this would come up
> with certain secureboot scenarios but not sure). Basically could you
> walk out how you do this correctly on the hardware with EL7 and how
> you are doing this on EL8 (also what the hardware is?)
>
> I am not sure otherwise I would have enough information to try and
> duplicate.

I have two identical server (SuperMicro) Ram CPU usw.

One is running CentOS 7  with KVM clients (5 Clients), all are installed with
UEFI from github (repository https://www.kraxel.org/repos/jenkins)
[qemu-firmware-jenkins]
edk2.git....ovmf

this is working perfect, I can also pass through my network cards (hardware)
usw.

with CentOS 8 it is possible to install only ONE KVM Client with UEFI and pass
through hardware. when i install a second KVM client the system crash?

When I make a Installation without UEFI the installation is working ??

It is also possible to install a minimal Install of KVM Client with UEFI but
afterward when I add Hardware with virsh or virt-manger the client crash on
startup.

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

  Günther J. Niederwimmer