[CentOS] CentOS 8 apcupsd or nut and duplicity

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

centos at plnet.rs
Sun Oct 20 18:22:51 UTC 2019

On 10/19/19 9:08 PM, Ian P. wrote:
> Hello Again,
> Is there any update on nut or apcupsd for CentOS 8?
>
> Also, I noticed that duplicity is not currently available for CentOS
> 8. I got the Fedora 30 SRPM for duplicity to build on CentOS, but ran
> into a dependency issue and cannot find python-devel. Any suggestions
> on alternatives or how to get duplicity going on CentOS 8?
>
> Cheers,
> Ian P.

Have you tried duplicity srpms from Fedora 28 (source of CentOS 8
packages) instead?

Also, I noted there mmight be issue with pythonn version 2 or 3,
depending on what distro is used. I am not sure this happens between F28
and C8, I haven't had time to see if it was only my mistake or something
should be done.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)