[CentOS] Centos 8 - no freeIPA servers

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 17:32:18 UTC 2019

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 at 09:52, lejeczek via CentOS <centos at centos.org> wrote:

> On 25/10/2019 14:46, lejeczek via CentOS wrote:
> > hi, anybody knows why?
> >
> > many thanks, L.

> or rather why not in default steam but in a separate dnf module?

That is how Red Hat ships the product. I expect that it is not a
default stream because of internal rules on what is a default stream
or not. [My guess** is that default modules can not be updated
'rapidly' so if FreeIPA 8 were shipped in 8.0 it would need to be long
term maintained but if it is shipped as a non-default they can put out
a FreeIPA9 whenever they wanted to.]

** While I work at Red Hat, I do not know what the rules for
default/non-default are. I would have to go look at access.redhat.com
like anyone else which I haven't :).

--
Stephen J Smoogen.