[CentOS] CentOS for musicians?

Mon Oct 7 22:18:40 UTC 2019
wwp <subscript at free.fr>

Hello,

still searching but didn't find very precise answers yet, is there a
computer-aided musical creation -oriented flavor of CentOS (like the
Ubuntu Studio)? Or would it be about gathering stuff from different
repos and setting up everything by hand?

A repository that would provide low-latency kernel (realtime one?):
I've found the CentOS-RT from the CERN + (1)).
Specific tools (from Jack/qjackctl, carla, audacity .. to the DAW),
I've found stuff on different repositories.

On a CentOS7 box I could setup jackd, audacity/lmms (from the sources)
and reaper (ardour from nux depo is way to old), I know what to use at
end-user software but would like to find a CentOS variant/repo where
software is recent (sometimes critical for audio devices).

Any advice?

(1) https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux_for_real_time/7/html-single/tuning_guide/index

Regards,

--