[CentOS] CentOS 8 network-scripts

Fri Oct 4 15:47:25 UTC 2019

On 2019-10-04 10:27, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 10/4/19 11:02 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> It is OK if your KVM host is on LAN cable that never is disconnected
>> or power goes down. But I have a laptop I use first at work where I
>> use LAN and then at home where I use WLAN only, and suspending laptop
>> is same as disconnecting LAN, bridge is disabled and KVM bridged
>> network unhooked, and you can never reinitialize it without at least
>> restarting kvm, and full treatmant is shuting down VM, restarting NM
>> then network then starting VM again... So I just shutdown VM and
>> laptop and boot everey itme I move. Maybe I can change this behavior now.
>
> You and I have nearly identical use cases, interestingly enough.  My
> laptop that I'm using right now to type this is my development machine
> for a number of KVM things I do in the data center as well. Since I run
> it docked with ethernet on my desk, but not docked and on WiFi at home,
> I've had to do two things:
> 1.) A real shutdown when I leave work.  For some reason I've never be a
> fan of suspend/hibernate, and since I use LUKS I'd rather not leave the
> volume unlocked as it would be in a suspend/hibernate scenario;
> 2.) NAT-connected VMs in development, since I've never been able to get
> bridging to work properly over wireless (specification says it can't
> work, and I think that's true in practice, but I always reserve the
> right to be wrong!).

I wonder if it is possible to do what I do on FreeBSD laptop: there I
created link aggregation interface which includes wired adapter and
wireless one (in that priority order), making networking acting "as
smart as macintosh does ;-) ". I'm sure one of Linux Experts can point
us in right direction (at the moment I just use GUI  applet to enable
interfaces etc).

Valeri