[CentOS] CentOS 8 network-scripts

Fri Oct 4 15:55:09 UTC 2019
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 10/4/19 11:39 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> I have VM in NAT mode mostly these days, but sometimes I need bridged
> network to recognize some hardware on the network, Mikrotik WiFi routers
> or printers so I need ability to go to bridge.

I've kludged together a solution for those times here by using the NAT
connection, but then running an OpenVPN client on the guest to an
OpenVPN server with layer-2 adjacency to those sorts of devices.  That
has the added bonus of letting those layer-2 services work even from
off-site (part of the reason I use LUKS!).  I use static addresses in
the OpenVPN setup as well, allowing controlled access to certain
resources (like the control interface addresses and ports to our two
26-meter radio telescopes).

> If this with NetworkManager-config-server package works, I can at most
> times (if I want) plug a LAN to my laptop and be happy.

I am interested in what you find!

> I have Dell Vostro 15 with Core i7,  12GB RAM and 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Dell Precision M6700 with Core i7-3740QM @ 2.7GHz, 24GB RAM, 500GB SSD
plus 2x 1TB HGST 7K1000's.  I never buy new, always gently preowned, and
it's amazing to me how well the 3740QM performs relative to newer
stuff.... and I paid less than 10% of MSRP for it....