[CentOS] Differences between CentOS 7.x and CentOS 8.x OS

Fri Oct 4 22:52:28 UTC 2019
David G. Miller <dave at davenjudy.org>

On 10/3/19 1:37 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> On 10/3/19 5:49 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I will appreciate it if someone can help me understand the differences
>> between CentOS 7.x and CentOS 8.x OS. I look forward to hearing from you
>> and thanks in advance.
>>
> In short, CentOS 7.x is based on Fedora 19 while CentOS 8 is based on
> Fedora 28. Most of what is in those Fedora's is also in coresponding
> CentOS version. Fedora's might be much easier to compare.
>

>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Kaushal

This sort of cuts across two discussion threads but I found this one
first.  Silly question: has anyone tried using the Mate or Xfce Fedora
28 spins as package sources with CentOS 8?

I'm not a fan of Gnome 3 so would like to get Xfce up and running on
CentOS 8 with a minimum of effort.  I'm thinking the folks asking about
Mate in the other thread have the same sentiment.

Cheers,
Dave

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

-- Benjamin Franklin