[CentOS] Differences between CentOS 7.x and CentOS 8.x OS

Sat Oct 5 01:14:33 UTC 2019
David G. Miller <dave at davenjudy.org>

On 10/4/19 6:59 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 04, 2019 at 04:52:28PM -0600, David G. Miller wrote:

>>> In short, CentOS 7.x is based on Fedora 19 while CentOS 8 is based on
>>> Fedora 28. Most of what is in those Fedora's is also in coresponding
>>> CentOS version. Fedora's might be much easier to compare.
> <snip>
>
>> This sort of cuts across two discussion threads but I found this one
>> first.  Silly question: has anyone tried using the Mate or Xfce
>> Fedora 28 spins as package sources with CentOS 8?
> I think someone did post recently that he took Mate from F28
> and with some judicious tweaking of the spec file got it built
> and working on C8. Sorry, I have no details.

Hopefully, the perpetrator will 'fess up and provide the details.

Cheers,
Dave

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

-- Benjamin Franklin