[CentOS] qeum on centos 8 with nvme disk

Tue Oct 15 03:52:20 UTC 2019
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 10/14/19 5:34 AM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Is there a command for virt-manager stuff that is just like qemu? Just
> command line - I dont want the GUI popping up and all that stuff. I dont
> need it creating all other files - just a simple command line ?  I have not
> found that yet with my searching.

I think you mean virt-install, since virt-manager is *just* a GUI
interface to control libvirtd.

In that case, you could install a new VM:

virt-install --name wiki --memory 2048 --vcpus 2 --cdrom
/root/fedora7live.iso--disk /dev/nvme0n1 --network bridge=br0 --graphics
none --autostart

Or import an existing one:

virt-install --name wiki --memory 2048 --vcpus 2 --import --disk
/dev/nvme0n1 --network bridge=br0 --graphics none --autostart