[CentOS] Centos 8 Mate?

Fri Oct 18 15:27:37 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 09:23:38AM -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> And last but not least: I got used to some way of interaction with computer,
> and that way is most productive for me after very long use. I don't want to
> blend in iPad generation, I want to stay productive which I am. So, I use
> Mutt (on FreeBSD, which my workstation runs, it is so easy and
> straightforward to install and maintain Mutt).

Nothing stopping you from using mutt on a CentOS system, regardless of
what desktop environment you use, just as email clients such as
Evolution and kmail can run in other desktop environments.

It's too bad that Mutt doesn't support GMail's authentication well
(except by turning on the insecure password authentication, App
Passwords are disabled in my work email account).  You can kinda get
it working with the oauth2 support but it requires you set up an OAuth
client ID and client secret first, which I don't have access to for
work account.  I really like mutt and prefer it to webmail.