[CentOS] CentOS 8: what changed (regular UNIX admin commands)?

Wed Oct 23 17:54:33 UTC 2019
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 12:11:04PM -0600, David G. Miller wrote:
> "ip" should be used instead.  Likewise for using dnf instead of yum,
> systemctl instead of service, firewallcmd instead of iptables, etc.
> I wonder how many shell scripts there are "out there" that folks
> have written or accumulated over the years and which now need to be
> updated before deprecated becomes no longer available?  Or, like

With the case of DNF and Yum, the RHEL team put in considerable work into
making sure that the new DNF-based 'yum' command is a drop-in replacement
for the vast majority of those scripts.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>