[CentOS] Increase logging verbosity of saslauthd?

Jobst Schmalenbach

jobst at barrett.com.au
Wed Sep 11 03:34:27 UTC 2019

Hi

CentOS 7.X, sendmail.x86_64 8.14.7-5.el7, cyrus-sasl.x86_64 2.1.26-23.el7

There are conflicting message on how to increase the logging of saslauthd.

I know I can do this:
   /usr/sbin/saslauthd -d -n0 -m /var/run/saslauthd -a pam

but that requires a terminal as saslauthd logs the output to STDOUT, this is not what I want.

I would like to have it started as a daemon and verbosity of logging increased into a log file.

How can I increase the verbosity of logging for saslauthd?

thanks

--
Jobst Schmalenbach
If you think knowledge is expensive, try ignorance.