[CentOS] reconfigure centos-6.9 host to ignore missing nic

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon Sep 16 18:07:01 UTC 2019

I need to work on a host which has been offline and powered down for
some time.  I has CentOS-6.9 installed.  At some point it had two
nics, one on the motherboard (still present and working) and one as an
expansion card.

When booted the console displays:

pciehp 0000:00:1c:0:pcie04: Failed to check link status

repeatedly.

How do I tell the host to ignore the missing nic or remove it from the
system configuration so that the error is removed.

Canada  L8E 3C3