[CentOS] [EXTERNAL] UEFI booting

Leroy Tennison leroy at datavoiceint.com
Thu Sep 19 14:08:21 UTC 2019

My experience with UEFI is that it is a black art.  Fought with it until a deadline forced me to non-UEFI.  In my case a drive-based UEFI partition (FAT32) was required.  See if efibootmgr is available and would help you.  I should note that, in the process. I discovered that the UEFI standard makes no provision for RAID if it is disk-based.  I would love to hear someone contradict me on that and point me to documentation on how to do it without resorting to exotic maneuvers.