[CentOS] deprecations leading up to C8

Randal, Phil phil.randal at hoopleltd.co.uk
Fri Sep 20 10:06:04 UTC 2019

When I migrated our mx boxes from CentOS 5 to 7 I made the leap to postfix.

I built a test server with postfix etc on it and threw everything I could think of at it before going live.

The key is, like in learning a new language, to start thinking in postfix terms instead of thinking in sendmail terms.

It takes a while to 'get it' but I'm glad we made the link.

We search, read as many people's howtos as you can (caveat - they are rarely 100% accurate), and test, test, test before going into production.

Cheers,

Phil

--
Phil Randal