[CentOS] How to dump/restore a CentOS 7 system

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Thu Sep 26 15:50:08 UTC 2019

On 25/9/2019 7:31 μ.μ., Xinhuan Zheng wrote:

> I guess it is very common for administrative purpose, to dump and restore a CentOS 7 system. I usually use dump/restore commands. However, I’m having trouble to handle installing bootloader and creating initramfs for C7 system. Does anyone know a good document source that details those procedure?

I am using mondorescue (mondoarchive, mondorestore) for years with
success: http://www.mondorescue.org/

Allows bare metal recovery. I have tested and it works fine in CentOS
5,6,7.

In CentOS 7, after restore, I have had some issues, but I managed to
resolve them. (Details in mailing list archives.)

Cheers,
Nick