[CentOS] C8 install libreoffice

J Martin Rushton martinrushton56 at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 29 21:05:33 UTC 2019

On 28/09/2019 13:46, Markus Falb wrote:
> On 28.09.19 00:39, Ulf Volmer wrote:
>> On 28.09.19 00:07, Jerry Geis wrote:
>>> How do you install libreoffice. yum install libreoffice did not do it,
>>> doing a search on "centos 8 install libreoffice" did not provide anything.
>>
>> There is no single package libreoffice in CentOS 8. Instead there are
>> several packages for each libreoffice component like libreoffice-calc,
>> libreoffice-draw and so on.
>>
>> You may like to install all of them by executing
>>
>> yum group install "Office Suite and Productivity"
>
> Alternatively you may like to learn how to use your package manager to
> get answers to your questions.
>
> ...snip
> # yum search libreoffice
> snap...

There's some funniness with the groups though:

 # yum group list
 Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:45 ago on Sun 29 Sep 2019 21:52:39
BST.
 Available Environment Groups:
   Server with GUI
   Server
   Minimal Install
   KDE Plasma Workspaces
   Virtualization Host
   Custom Operating System
 Installed Environment Groups:
   Workstation
 Available Groups:
   Container Management
   .NET Core Development
   RPM Development Tools
   Smart Card Support
   Development Tools
   Graphical Administration Tools
   Headless Management
   Legacy UNIX Compatibility
   Network Servers
   Scientific Support
   Security Tools
   System Tools
   Fedora Packager

Can't see qny sort of office there, however when I do
 # yum group info "office*"
all the expected LibreOffice stuff is there.

--
J Martin Rushton MBCS