[CentOS] 7.7.1908, interface bonding, and default route

Alexander Dalloz

ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Sep 20 14:03:28 UTC 2019

Am 2019-09-20 15:31, schrieb Carlos A. Carnero Delgado:
> El vie., 20 de sep. de 2019 a la(s) 06:16, Giles Coochey
> (giles at coochey.net)
> escribió:
>
>> I have a similar set up to you, and just did the upgrade to 1908, I
>> didn't experience the problem you had, I can't see anything out of the
>> ordinary in your network files.
>>

> I have reviewed the configuration several times now, and still can't
> see if
> there's anything wrong with it. What I found is that, after the system
> has
> booted up, if I systemctl restart network the default route does gets
> applied.
>
> Thanks a lot for your input!

If you don't want to use NetworkManager, then define NM_CONTROLLED="no"

In case you are using NetworkManager, then follow the RHEL guide to
setup your bond using nmcli:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/networking_guide/sec-network_bonding_using_the_networkmanager_command_line_tool_nmcli

Alexander