[CentOS] CentOS 8.0 1905 is now available for download

Randal, Phil

phil.randal at hoopleltd.co.uk
Tue Sep 24 11:52:47 UTC 2019

I feel your pain re Gnome.

Installing CentOS 8 on a VMware VM which uses BIOS boot mode using the graphical installer results in an installer gui which is chopped off at the right.

Workaround is to select the install option, hit the tab key, and append vga=819 and hit F10, which starts the graphical installer on a larger virtual display.

Or, better still, use EFI boot mode for your VM, and it all just works.

Make sure that the VMware virtual VGA adapter has enough RAM, too.

Cheers,

Phil

--
Phil Randal