[CentOS] Centos 8 Mate?

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 20:55:19 UTC 2019

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 at 15:41, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> Without wanting to sound too pushy, I'm wondering if there is any update on the status of Mate now that Centos 8 has been released?
>
> I would love to jump on C8 and start playing with it, but the lack of Mate is kind of  a showstopper for me at the moment.

Nothing has changed since the September 16 answer I gave:

This is more of a question for the EPEL lists versus here. The current
status is that desktops are harder to package up in EL8 and only a
less feature version is available at the moment. At the moment the
only one I know of is KDE is half implemented in EPEL Playground and
will be reimplemented as a module when EPEL gains the ability to do
modules. At that point interested people can also do the work to make
Mate/Cinnamon/etc available.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.