[CentOS] Centos 8 Mate?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

centos at plnet.rs
Wed Sep 25 06:18:13 UTC 2019

On 9/25/19 12:06 AM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> But on the desktop, I've switched to OpenSUSE Leap, and I'm a happy
> camper now. I can highly recommend it. Sports every major and minor
> desktop environment under the sun, and it's a nice blend of semi-rolling
> releases based on a rock-solid SLES base.

Why do you need "every major and minor desktop environment under the
sun"? I run CentOS desktops/laptops since 5.3 and even rebuilt 70+
packages for it, even Skype rpm.

All I need for work that feeds me is one good work environment and that
is MATE. All tray icons are visible so I can see if message or mail
comes without need to move more then eyeball. And stablity of CentOS
makes it best option even though versions of apps are not latest and
greatest, it is enough they do the job needed.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)