[CentOS] Centos 8 Mate?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

centos at plnet.rs
Mon Sep 30 19:54:34 UTC 2019

On 9/30/19 8:01 PM, Robert G (Doc) Savage via CentOS wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-09-26 at 08:02 +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>>
>> I managed to install F28 MATE packages to CentOS 8, so all is needed
>> is
>> to recompile those in EPEL.
>
> I too am a solid fan of MATE. F28 had v1.16. F30 has the latest v1.22.
> Is there any reason I should not try the latest? Perhaps some
> dependencies not available in C8?

I really do not know. It was written RHEL 8 was based on fedora 28/29,
so those packages should be closest to EL8. I had no time to play with
packages from newer Fedoras, and I even did not know about difference in
versions because all I evev use on ANY Linux PC is to install latest
CentOS, never ever any other distro. I did fix some Ubuntu's but never
installed any.