[CentOS] Increase logging verbosity of saslauthd?

Wed Sep 11 23:34:08 UTC 2019
Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst at barrett.com.au>

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 09:43:32AM -0400, Jonathan Billings (billings at negate.org) wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 01:34:27PM +1000, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
> > CentOS 7.X, sendmail.x86_64 8.14.7-5.el7, cyrus-sasl.x86_64 2.1.26-23.el7
> If you look at the systemd unit for saslauthd, you can see this:
>
> [Unit]
> Description=SASL authentication daemon.
> After=syslog.target
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target

I have tried that as well before I asked for help, however systemd refuses to accept this as the "-d" keeps saslauthd in foreground.
Systemd kills the process after a minute as systemd cannot see that required PID's.

I can also see that saslauth logs when started normally, the logging is just NOT enough.
I want to increase the verbosity so I can see what is going on.

For example it does not seem to log the failed username.

thanks anyway.

--
Jobst Schmalenbach

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.