[CentOS] How to dump/restore a CentOS 7 system

Wed Sep 25 18:21:02 UTC 2019
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 25/09/2019 à 18:31, Xinhuan Zheng a écrit :
> I guess it is very common for administrative purpose, to dump and
> restore a CentOS 7 system. I usually use dump/restore commands.
> However, I’m having trouble to handle installing bootloader and
> creating initramfs for C7 system. Does anyone know a good document
> source that details those procedure? Thank you,

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I'm regularly
dumping/restoring various operating systems on a handful of sandbox
machines for testing purposes. I'm using G4L (Ghost4Linux) over FTP for
doing this.

Here's a little blog article I wrote (in french):

  * https://www.microlinux.fr/ghost4linux/

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat