[CentOS] Missing packages in centos8 mirrors or do I miss something?

Thu Sep 26 12:11:11 UTC 2019
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 at 05:24, LAHAYE Olivier <olivier.lahaye at cea.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to port OSCAR Cluster and SystemImager softwares to centos8, but I miss a lot of package that seems to be built for centos-8.
> For example, I cant find docbook-utils and docbook-utls-pdf while I see them here: https://koji.mbox.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=651

So what was shipped in CentOS-8 matches what was shipped in RHEL-8.
Red Hat wanted to cut down the number of packages it would offer
different levels of support for so while packages are built they might
be shuffled into either BaseOS (strong support long lifetime),
AppStream (strong support short lifetime), Code Read Builder (no
support called PowerTools because Code Ready is a product line), and
not shipped.

so so docbook-dtds is in AppStream
docbook-utils is in  PowerTools

and docbook-utils-pdf is not shipped.

> I’ve installed epel-release and elrepo-release and centos-release-stream.
>
> Do I miss something or is it a matter of time due to mirro syncs?
>
> I misse btrfs packages, perl-Tk packages, docbook packages and many more that I can find on https://koji.mbox.centos.org/koji/builds

perl-tk is in PowerTools
btrfs is in the NotShipped