[CentOS] CentOS 8.0 1905 is now available for download

Fri Sep 27 08:28:19 UTC 2019
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

On 9/27/19 7:42 AM, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
> CentOS 8.0 1905 is using Linux Kernel 4.18? Not Linux Kernel 5.x?

RHEL/CentOS 8 is created from Fedora 28/29 packages and kernel, but Red
Hat does backport important drivers to it's kernel. RHEL/CentOS kernel
is not directly comparable to vanila kernel due to many, many changes.

You should read up on many things it seams. You can start with my FB
post where almost all resources are listed along with some tips:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/centosproject/permalink/10151629616222728/

And please stop SPAM-ing the list. There is no need to thank everyone
that posted anything you like, keep it moderated, becuse everyone on
this list receive your mails unnecessarily. If you want to thank
someone, you can sent them a private/direct message, not via the list.
many will be thankful.

If you do not know something, like "SCL", "orphaned packages", etc.,
please first search on the net (Google it) with for example "linux
CentOS SCL" and then only ask for further clarifications. No one has
time to explain everything in detail to you, you need to learn the
basics, research enything that interests you and only then ask specific
questions.

Thank you for understanding.