[CentOS] C8 and backup solution

Thu Apr 2 16:05:11 UTC 2020
Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com>

Il 02/04/20 17:49, Nicolas Kovacs ha scritto:
> Le 02/04/2020 à 17:32, Alessandro Baggi a écrit :
>> I have not so much experiences on backups and choosing the bad tool could be
>> dangerous so I need some suggestion.
>>
>> What backup solution do you suggest for my scenario?
> I'm using Rsnapshot on all my CentOS 7 servers. It's a very elegant solution
> that follows the KISS principle.
>
> I've written a little blog article about it. It's in French, but the Unix bits
> are universal. :o)
>
> https://blog.microlinux.fr/rsnapshot-centos-7/
>
> It's basically scripted rsync with ssh on steroids. Been using it for the last
> five years or so. It just works.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki

Hi Niki,
thank you for your answer.

I remember you when I used Slackware and I think your KISS is inherited
by there but sometimes more complex things are needed. Rsnapshot is a
great tool but I need catalog, jobs info, pre/post job script on remote
target, mailing, compression and possibly store data off-site (no on a
public cloud).