[CentOS] Cloud Image building (like CentOS is doing it)

Thu Apr 2 13:05:56 UTC 2020
Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 12:20 PM Nicolas Ghirlanda <
nicolas.ghirlanda at everyware.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was not able to find information about how CentOS is building its
> Cloud Images.
>

> I know packer etc are able to do it, but I am interested in how CentOS
> is building its own images as we like to adapt that for our Openstack
> Cloud.
>

> thanks for any hints

Hi,
not the direct answer to your question, but as you wrote about welcome
hints...

couldn't it be simpler to take one of the images officially provided by the
CentOS project and then use one of:

1) diskimage-builder
https://docs.openstack.org/diskimage-builder/latest/

2) guestfish / guestmount
https://docs.openstack.org/image-guide/modify-images.html

3) virt-customize
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/virtualization_deployment_and_administration_guide/sect-guest_virtual_machine_disk_access_with_offline_tools-using_virt_customize

Or do you have any particular needs?
Gianluca