[CentOS] Trying again: KDE fails with a gray screen after login, can't reinstall

Fri Apr 3 15:46:23 UTC 2020
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> I set for graphical mode, I get the login screen, I change to KDE, and
> the screen goes black, then after minutes, gray with a cursor, and
> that's it - I left it overnight, no change.
>
> Brand new install (as of yesterday). Missed any "agree to license", and
> missed choosing software. Manually groupinstalled
> Installed Environment Groups:
>     KDE Plasma Workspaces
>     Development and Creative Workstation
>
> Tried to reinstall:
> No group named KDE Plasma Workspaces exists
>
> I'm assuming I need to install something else, but does anyone have a
> clue? I really do NOT want gnome.

I don't know how the situation is with C8 but I always liked XFCE to get
work done. It has less dependencies and is therefore a bit easier to
install.

Regards,
Simon