[CentOS] Zoom?

Mon Apr 6 15:03:01 UTC 2020
Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk>

Over the last week or so there has suddenly been a huge take-up, and therefore focus on, Zoom.

Their previous behaviour is dire - including sneaking a web server into their Mac client to get around asking for permission, sending analytics to Faceboot, as well as claiming to have end-to-end encryption which they don't.

However, the current focus has caused them to address their issues, including changing their privacy policy. Their previous one basically said very little but did say that it collected unspecified data on us and passed it on to unspecified third parties - although they did not "sell" that data.

To be honest, I think they're now pretty much in line with FB / twitter / Insta / Google. I.e. I don't trust any of them, but we have little choice but to use them.  All re can do is be sensible about it and apply the usual level of paranoia.

In answer to the OP, I have only ever used the App on my C7 system so have no ideal what it's like in Firefox / Chrome.