[CentOS] fail2ban firewalld problems with current CentOS 7

Thu Apr 9 08:07:50 UTC 2020
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

On 9/04/20 7:48 pm, Andreas Haumer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a server running CentOS 7.7 (1908) with all current patches installed.
> I think this server should be a quite standard installation with no specialities
>
> On this server I have fail2ban with an apache and openvpn configuration.
> I'm using firewalld to manage the firewall rules.
>
> Fail2an is configured to use firewalld:
>
> <snip>
>
> The firewalld errors start exactly after the updates were installed.
> Does anyone else see similar problems since the last updates?
>
> I googled and found some older postings, but nothing matching the
> problems I see exactly.
>
> I have other CentOS 7 servers with fail2ban and firewalld which
> should be updated soon, but before I do this I first want to solve
> this issue.
>
> Any idea?
I too had fail2ban fail after an otherwise successful yum update. Mine
occurred in Feb when my versions of firewalld etc were updated to the
versions you show. Thus far I have not had the opportunity to sort the
problem. Lockdown has been quite busy so far, hopefully some slower
times coming next week.