[CentOS] CentOS 8 NIS

Mon Apr 13 01:43:07 UTC 2020
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

On 2020-04-12 08:13, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2020, at 05:47, Pete Biggs <pete at biggs.org.uk> wrote:
>> There are other options than LDAP, and servers other than OpenLDAP, but
>> LDAP is the de facto standard.
>
> Unfortunately,  OpenLDAP as a server is deprecated in C8, and isn’t packaged anymore.  Upstream they point customers to their directory service, which is based on 389 directory service.

Okay, I found

https://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/download.html.

Thank you for the useful reply.

It appears that they just pasted a new name on an old horse.  It's still
LDAP.

I'll follow the directions there.  At least the directions say they are
for CentOS 8.1+

I'll let you know what happens.  I hope I don't end up having to
reinstall to fix the mess this makes.

--
     _
    °v°