[CentOS] CentOS 8 NIS

Mon Apr 13 02:50:12 UTC 2020
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

On 2020-04-12 21:49, John Pierce wrote:
<SNIP>
>> It appears that they just pasted a new name on an old horse.  It's still
>> LDAP.
>>

> yes, its the standardized LDAP protocol...
>
> it is, however, a completely different implementation, so no, its not
> OpenLDAP, which is a specific implementation.

Oh insert Deity here!  This is going to take a semester of Computer
Science to figure out.

dscreate create-template creates a 9K file full of mostly obscure and
unintelligible options.

This where the hand holding I told you about comes into play.

This is what I've got so far:

config_version = 2
defaults = 999999999

The next option is full_machine_name which defaults to localhost.localdomain

I need to give this machine a name other than localhost.localdomain.  I
guess that's my next bit of search engine exercise to learn how to do
that without making a giant mess.  I remember trying to do this with the
last attempt at LDAP a year ago.  It wasn't pretty and didn't turn out well.

I guess that's my next step for tomorrow.  I've got to go to bed if I'm
going to be able to stay awake long enough to write any code at work
tomorrow.

--
     _
    °v°