[CentOS] Centos 7: cups-pdf Postprocessing prevented by selinux :(

Wed Apr 15 07:12:46 UTC 2020
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 04:55:13 +0200
hw <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how can I make it so that printing to a cups PDF printer can
> successfully run the postprocessing script I specified
> in /etc/cups/cups-pdf.conf?

I haven't run into this one myself so I'm not sure this will work (but
simple enough to try).

There is one cups exec related boolean in the base policy:

 # semanage boolean --list | grep -i cup
 cups_execmem

You can try to enable it and see if it helps:

 # semanage boolean --modify --on cups_execmem

The semanage tool is in the policycoreutils-python package if you don't
have it installed.

/Peter