[CentOS] Netfilter fails to filter traffic from a netblock?

Sun Apr 19 13:58:22 UTC 2020
Mike <1100100 at gmail.com>

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 9:45 AM Anand Buddhdev <anandb at ripe.net> wrote:

> Personally though, I find firewalld to be cumbersome, so I remove it
> completely, and installed instead "iptables-services".

Ya, i agonized over accepting firewalld.
I'm a smalltime manager who wears many hats and doesn't have alot of
time to practice sysadmin skills.
It took me about 5 years to get confident with iptables and go from
fresh install to company firewall in one sitting.
Now that I've adopted firewalld which has a wider variety of
command/rule statements, I am constantly hitting "man firewall-cmd"
and cannot competently recall iptables in any comprehensible way; it's
like mixing Japanese and English whenever I try to communicate with a
centos box firewall, heh.