[CentOS] Diagnosing IPv6 routing

Tue Apr 28 20:57:34 UTC 2020
Alan McRae <amcrae at island42.net>

I struggled with this under CentOS 7. I think there is a bug.

You can run /usr/sbin/radvdump to print out RAs. Leave it running for
some minutes.

I had this in my /etc/sysctl.d/50-net6.conf (on C7):

#
# IPv6 Forwarding
#
net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding = 1
net.ipv6.conf.default.forwarding = 1
net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_ra = 1
net.ipv6.conf.default.accept_ra = 1
#
# Fix bug to received RAs from Router
# Disable forwarding on enp4s0f1 interface so we still get RAs
#
net.ipv6.conf.enp4s0f1.forwarding = 0
#net.ipv6.conf.enp4s0f1.accept_ra = 1

where enp4s0f1 is the WAN interface. Note that ipv6 forwarding still
works. I used my C7 as a firewall/gateway.

I am running 8.1 now.

Alan

--
Alan McRae