[CentOS] Mock config error

Tue Aug 25 02:26:43 UTC 2020
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>

On 25/08/20 11:27 am, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Aug 24, 2020, at 16:48, me at tdiehl.org wrote:
>>
>> Also, I am trying to add a dist tag to rpms that I build in mock.
>> In the epel-7 configs I do something like the following:
>> config_opts['macros']['%dist'] = '.el7.tnt' to get a dist tag on the
>> rpms. In epel/centos 8 this does not work.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to apply a dist tag in the epel-8 mock configs?

config_opts['macros']['%dist'] = '.gf.el8'

...works for me without any further changes:
http://mirror.ghettoforge.org/distributions/gf/el/8/gf/x86_64/

>> Is mock documented anywhere besides the src code? I cannot find any
>> documentation that explains what actually needs to be in a mock
>> configuration file or in this case how to specify my own dist tag.

/etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg documents all of the possible config
settings, then there is:

https://github.com/rpm-software-management/mock/wiki

> It seems that the OpenSUSE mock configs[1] use the same syntax.  I wonder if you need to invoke mock in a specific way to not override the macro?

Not that I have been able to tell.  Setting the dist macro has always
just worked for me.

Peter