[CentOS] Boot failed on latest CentOS 7 update

Sun Aug 2 02:15:14 UTC 2020
Kay Schenk <kay.schenk at gmail.com>

Questions re this statement in the ZDNET article --

"In all cases, users reported that downgrading systems to a previous
release to reverse the BootHole patches usually fixed their problems."

 A previous release of what? GRUB2

So that's my first question.

Second. I'm assuming the the muti-screen UEFI settings I see are standard
for more recent BIOS -- not sure of version. Do we have any guidance for
that?

If it is the case that a downgrade to previous grub2 can fix the problem --
and not latest kernel? Does this matter? -- maybe booting from your chosen
"rescue" option AND reinstalling older grub (somehow) can get us further
along.

Sent from MzK's phone.