[CentOS] Fixing grub/shim issue Centos 7

Thu Aug 6 14:53:37 UTC 2020
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

On 8/6/2020 7:25 AM, Simon Matter via CentOS wrote:
> The only real solution I can think of to prevent this would be to make
> preview versions of updates available to the public so that a lot of
> people can test them on their hardware, hopefully spare hardware, and give
> feedback.

A practical equivalent is simply to avoid applying updates for a week to
see if someone else gets burned by them. I'm already waiting for a
weekend so I don't disrupt work in case a catastrophe happens, and I
wait at least a week and watch this list for any reports of disaster. So
I haven't experienced this one. Let the impatient do your testing for you.