[CentOS] ZFS fails with latest C8 kernel

Mon Aug 10 10:42:43 UTC 2020
Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org>

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 01:43:00AM -0500, Robert G (Doc) Savage via CentOS wrote:
> As if last weekend's UEFI debacle wasn't bad enough, it now seems the
> latest C8 kernel (4.18.0-193.14.2) is incompatible with the current
> ZFSOnLinux packages (0.8.4-1). When booted to the latest kernel, ZFS is
> inaccessible on my C8 storage server. When I back off to the prior
> kernel (4.18.0-193.6.3), all is well.
please open an issue on zfsonlinux github:
https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues and provide them a reproducible
testcase.

> If a local ZFS system is unavailable to the C8 kernel support folks,
> I'll be happy to assist them by volunteering my system as a lab rat.
Imho, that's out of CentOS scope, unless some people are willing to
work on it with zfsonlinux people.

Cheers

Tru
--