[CentOS] CentOS 8 kernel-4.18.0-193 shim issue

Mon Aug 17 04:46:24 UTC 2020
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

On 8/14/20 12:23 AM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Is it safe to allow the 193 series kernel update now?  Last time I tried
> that my system refused to boot.  I had to roll back to the 4.18.0-147
> kernel to get my machine to reboot.
>
> Since that happened I've been watching this mail list for
> acknowledgement that the problem has been corrected while refusing the
> kernel update.  I may have missed the announcement that the issue was
> resolved and the the update is now approved.

Well, I let the kernel up date run.  I haven't allowed the machine to
reboot yet, but that's going to happen just after I send this.  At the
moment I'm running 4.18.0-147.8.1.el8_1.x86_64 #1 SMP

--
     _
    °v°