[CentOS] Laptop and NFS homedir

Wed Aug 26 14:20:29 UTC 2020
J Martin Rushton <martinrushton56 at btinternet.com>

I've been playing with OwnCloud on a home network recently and it seems
to be handling sync traffic well.  A couple of points to make:
1) Be aware that the server and client repositories are different.  You
can do a lot with the web interface to the server, but you'll really
want the client for ease of use.
2) Synchronising isn't instant.  It can take a few minutes for 100+ MiB
syncs, particularly since I was going W10 (clinet)->VM (server) ->host
(client).

Other than the above, it's basically set-and-forget.  I can download
photos onto the laptop, run GIMP on the C7 machine, and store the
results on the C8 VM server quite happily.

<snip>